A work completion letter to the client is a letter that is written by an authoritative representative of an organization and is addressed to the client, which the organization has worked for. The purpose of the letter is to notify the client about the successful completion of his work from the organization’s side.
This letter has great significance because of various reasons, such as:
- It serves the purpose of notification about the completed work.
- It can be used by the organization as a reference to demand the release of payment from the client.
- Usually, there is a time period during which the client can seek any kind of maintenance from the organization. When this letter is issued, the date marks the start of that period.
- This can be used for any sort of legal purpose as evidence for fraud on the part of the client.
Therefore, when a task or a project gets completed, a formal work completion letter to the client is issued by the organization. The details and included information may vary based on the type of the completed work and the client requirements. However, generally, the following details are included in a template of such letters:
- Date of the letter.
- Details of the client.
- Details of the organization.
- Details of the project or client’s work.
- Date of work completion.
- Inform about the timely and quality work.
- Mention any attached documents.
- Mention the time period in which the client can approach with any complaints or requests of re-work.
- Help and support.
- Try maintaining a relationship with the client to gain work in the future as well.
- Show gratitude.
- Salutations and signature.
As this letter is issued when all the tasks have been completed, and the work has been delivered, it marks the end of that specific work with the client. This letter is kept in the project file, and usually, if no complaint is received by the client within a certain time, the file gets closed after this letter. In addition, after receiving this letter, the client also releases the payment of the organization to close the deal as well.
Dear Ms. Robson,
I am writing this letter to inform ABC Limited about the successful and timely completion of the project [X] on our part.
We signed a contract for the project [X] on 1st January 20XX, with your company, and the decision deadline of completion was 1st June 20XX. We have followed the timelines that were mutually agreed on between your company and ours. Today, on 31st May 20XX, we have completed the tasks and sending you this letter to ensure that we have kept our word and have constructed the building on time. All the work on our part has been completed. For your reference, we are attaching the timelines, contract copy, and few other related documents with this letter.
As stated in the contract, if you have any complaints or need some work done, you can contact us till 30th June 20XX. However, we have tried to give our best to give you the quality output, with an attempt to satisfy you to the fullest and eliminate the possibilities of any issues.
We are here to answer any of your questions and provide any sort of help. Please, do not hesitate to contact at [X].
It was a pleasure working for you. We hope for further future contracts with your company as well.