If you are qualified to apply as an Assistant Principal you can do this. It is a great job that can be paid well. The assistant principal cover letter tends to be a compliment to the resume. This highlights the reasons why a person will be good for this post. If you need to make a cover letter for an assistant principal then consider the below points:
- Microsoft Word– This can be used to make the letter as it is a professional one.
- Details of the person applying– These can be seated at the top, the name, address, email, phone, etc.
- Date- The date needs to be given.
- Details of the school– Write the name of the concerned person and the school address. After this, space will be left and then “Dear” and the name of the person.
- Post– In the first paragraph, it will be told what post you are applying for. The education and experience and why you are a good candidate need to be stated.
- Next paragraph– Refer to the attached resume and tell your experience and what you do. The greatest strengths should be stated. Tell what you wish to do if you get the post.
- The ending– End with stating how you hope to hear from the school. Then end with “Sincerely” and your name.
Advantages of the letter:
- Allows one to highlight their qualifications and experience for the post of an assistant principal.
A cover letter for assistant principal is an important letter that helps an employer make a decision about whether to continue reading the resume of the concerned person.
Sample Cover Letter
Name of the Applicant
To Whom It May Concern,
I am pleased to write this cover letter. The reason for writing this letter is to inquire about the position of Assistant Principal in (name of the institution) as I would like to apply for this position. It would be a great honor for me if you allow me to be a part of your team at (name of the institution). I with my abilities and skills consider myself to be perfect for the position of Assistant Principal at your institution.
I also possess a teaching experience of (number of years). I joined (name of the school) on (date and year). During my job as a teacher in (name of the school), I gained a lot of new experience regarding the student dynamic. I was still a student myself at (name of the university) when I joined (name of the school) and started my teaching career. Although it was difficult for me at that time to manage both sides yet I somehow aced it. Moreover, being able to see both the sides of the coin turned out to be of great benefit for me as I managed to point out the flaws present in the students and the teacher’s behavior. It is usually observed that the main reason behind any conflict or issue is lack of communication. Therefore, I worked on my communication skills for not only be a better student myself but also to act as a role model for my students.
I worked with around (number of students) during my first year at (name of the school). For the next (number of years) I continued to work hard. During my tenure in (name of the school), I not only served as a (name of the subject) teacher but also I actively participated in organizing several events in the school for the students. These events included both curricular and extra-curricular activities. These competitions not only gave the students a break from the daily monotonous routine but also helped them to grow and have a positive attitude towards studies and their lives overall.
I would like to extend my gratitude to you for considering my application for the position of Assistant Principal in (name of the institution). I assure you that I have the potential to perform my duties as a principal in (name of the institution). I have attached my work experience certificate with the application as proof to avoid any problems.
Name of the applicant