Artists are able to make works of art employing multiple media. This can be through painting, drawing, collage, performance, film, as well as sculpture. Besides developing wonderful pieces of art, artists need to consider deadlines, safety procedures, funding, etc. The artist may need to apply somewhere so they can fulfill their dreams.
What is a Cover Letter for an Artist?
A cover letter for an artist is needed when the artist is applying to work somewhere. It highlights the main points and objectives of the artist.
What to Include in the letter?
If you need to make a cover letter for an artist then you can consider the below points:
- Microsoft Word– The cover letter is a professional document that can be made properly in Microsoft Word.
- Details of the place applying– The name, designation and the name of the firm or company that the artist is applying to should be stated on top on the left. After this, some space needs to be present then “Dear” and the name of the person concerned.
- First paragraph– Here the artist can state what makes a good artist and their skills in pursuing this. The employer must want to read on.
- Second paragraph– The artist will state what their expertise is and how they can be good in the company.
- Highlights– The artists can give the highlights of their experience in points so that it is easy to read.
- Final paragraph– Here the artist will tell how they are willing to improve and learn to be suitable for the company. They will tell how they look forward to being contacted by the company.
- End– End with something like “Sincerely” and the name of the artist.
Advantages of a Cover Letter for An Artist:
- Allows an artist to tell their skills that can help a company.
The cover letter for an artist should be made cleverly so that the employer will want to consider the artist.
The Sample Letter
Name of the Applicant
Dear Hiring Manager,
I feel honored to apply for the position of Artist in (name of the company). I saw the advertisement on (date) in the (name of the magazine or newspaper) and today on (date) I am writing this cover letter for my application for the job position as an Artist in your company. I have been in this profession for a long period of time now and I truly believe that this experience of mine would help me in creating new masterpieces that would satisfy the client’s needs and desires. Therefore, I would state here that my education with the experience I have made me the best-suited candidate for this position as an Artist at your company.
From a very early age, I have had a very clear picture of what I want to do in my life. I have loved the arts since childhood. I have started creating drawings when I started school. Later from drawings of an immature, I started sketching like a mature and from sketching I moved towards pastel drawings. Now I have the ability and potential of making (name of the painter) inspired paintings.
When I was in high school, I took part in various competitions held between different schools each year. I also participated in (name of the competition), held each year and I am proud to state that I was able to win the competition 3 times in a row. I was not only given a certificate and a trophy but I also took prize money home. I used my prize money to buy different other art tools and took admission in an Arts academy to further improve my skills. I used to make paintings and gift them to my friends and colleagues. Many of my friends still have the paintings made by me on the walls of their houses.
I have also worked as an Artist in (name of the company). My paintings featured a wide range of subjects that included beaches, nature, people and their emotions, pictorial representation of hardships and challenges faced by many on daily basis and especially the portraits of the women in history who have achieved big goals in their lives despite hardships and now serve as a role model for the new generation.
I would like to thank you for giving me this opportunity and accept my gratitude for considering my application for the position of an Artist at (Name of the company). I look forward to learning more about your company and the diversity of tasks an Artist in your company has to do.
Name of the applicant