The email to the parent regarding the change of the swimming time is an email that is sent either by a swimming club, center, or a school, which offers the swimming facility to its students. It is addressed, and sent, to the parent/s, to notify them about the new timings. As it is a formal email, it aids in clarifying any sort of misunderstandings for the parents.
This email can be a generalized email or can be addressed separately to the individual parents. In addition, sometimes, the institution does not keep the reply option open, however, some institutions do keep it open, so that if the parent has any question, he can reply to the email, and get the answer.
The main purposes of writing, and sending, this email include:
- To avoid any delayed information, as an email is quick to receive and check.
- To send and notify a large number of parents in a generalized manner. Even if the emails are sent to the addressees separately, the subject matter would be the same, which would save a lot of time and energy.
- To show the professionalism of the swimming club through a formal email from an authorized person.
- To inform the parent about the new routine and timings.
- To clear any confusions, that might arise about the new timings.
- To provide the reason behind the change, so to satisfy the parent.
Usually, this is a brief and to-the-point email. The information included, however, can vary. For instance, a swimming club may want to explain the reason behind the changed timings. On the other hand, another swimming club may write a two-lined email, stating only the new timing, without providing any reason or explanation. Generally, the following details are provided in an email to the parent regarding the change of the swimming time:
- Addressee details.
- Addressor details.
- The new changed swimming timing.
- Effective date of the change.
- Reason behind the change if the club wants to disclose.
- Show openness to clear the parent’s confusion.
- Seek understanding.
Sometimes, parents get confused, when the information is not being provided by a formal source, rather they are hearing different stories from different people, including other parents. In such scenarios, a clear, and timely email, would not only clarify the misunderstandings but would also reflect the professionalism and responsible behavior of the swimming club or the school. This email becomes part of the record and can be referenced if the need arises.
Sample Email Template
Dear Ms. Martha,
I hope this email will find you in the best of your health.
I am writing this email to notify you about a change in the timing of the swimming practice at ABC club. The new timings for gents and boys, effective from 1st September 20XX, will be 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. in the morning, and 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. in the evening. This routine will be followed every day from Monday till Saturday, and Sunday will be an off day.
As per the requests of numerous working women, who want to avail the swimming facility, after their job hours, we have changed the timings for boys and men, so that after 7:00 p.m., the ladies’ time can start.
If you have any questions, you can reply to this email, or contact us at [X].
We seek your understanding and cooperation.